Area Co-ordinator - Vacancy

General Phoenix Fives Stuff & Car related chat

Area Co-ordinator - Vacancy

Postby Cerberus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Folks,

I've been having a crack at wearing two hats for a while now "AC Liaison" and "West Mids AC" and it has come to the point now that it's doing me in. I need to actually, officially, step down from the position of Area Co-ordinator.

This does not mean I wont be around or not involved or anything like that. I just need to stop spreading myself so thinly.

Therefore......

I am officially 'Advertising' the position of "MX-5 Owners Club West Midlands, Phoenix Fives - Area Co-ordinator"

If you are interested in the post please apply in the first instance by private message to myself.

Closing date for applications will be - Friday 24th February.

:thumb:
Cerbs
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Re: Area Co-ordinator - Vacancy

Postby Cerberus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm

*bump*

No applications so far.......

:tumble:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Mozza » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:56 am

So what is an "Area Co-ordinator" ?

And the duties are......
Job description might help.

Just saying... :thumb: :D
1994 1.8 Mk1 Auto ( Brilliant Black)
1995 1.8 Mk1 Merlot (Merlot Pearl Metallic)
1999 1.8is Mk2 Sport (Twilight Blue)
and a
2005 1.8 Mk2.5 Sport MP62 Supercharged in (Strato Blue). 私の車はあなたの車より速いかもしれません!
Mozza
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Postby Cerberus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Mozza wrote:So what is an "Area Co-ordinator" ?

And the duties are......
Job description might help.

Just saying... :thumb: :D

Good point.... Ok well there are two things I can do to answer that I think... First up this the OC's official AC 'job description' -

AREA CO-ORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION

The role an Area Co-ordinator (AC) is to run a local area group of the MX-5 Owners Club for the benefit of members.

Usually, there is one AC per Area but in circumstances where the workload warrants it then a Joint AC can be appointed. Firstly, the reasons for the appointment must be given to the Area Liaison Officer for their input and approval. Following this, the appointment must be made in a democratic way by calling for volunteers from the local membership and in the case of more than one volunteer then a vote must be taken. Up to two joint AC‟s per area would be allowed and both would be eligible to claim complimentary membership.

The role includes the following responsibilities and activities, but ACs may delegate particular functions to other members within their area: -

Arrange meetings for members to exchange views both on a car related and social basis. Meetings typically take place at a public house, but other venues may be chosen with suitable car parking facilities.

The venue maybe fixed as regular or it may be variable to accommodate as many members as possible. Likewise meetings should be arranged to a regular schedule (e.g. such as the last Wednesday of each month) some may take place on an ad hoc basis for a special event or visit by a local speaker.

Arrange drives and other relevant events. Try to delegate the organising of events to volunteers from within the area wherever possible to share workload. This also helps continuity when the AC stands down or is replaced. Perhaps one of the primary skills required of an organiser is the ability to persuade others to undertake the detailed organisation of events.

Drives will typically take place on a weekend, and use a variety of roads suitable for enjoyment of an MX-5. Relevant events may include visits to places of interest, attendance, possibly as exhibitors, at local motor shows, meetings with a guest speaker on a subject of interest to members, and so on. Events will be arranged to suit the interests of participating members, and the suggestions noted here should not be taken as limiting in any way - a very wide range of activities is encouraged.

Keep a watchful eye on driving behaviour of members on Club activities and manage accordingly.

Safety is of paramount importance and the AC must: -

Be fully conversant with current traffic and highway regulations

If possible have one member of the group who is trained in first aid

Ensure that mobile phones are available and not used in contravention of the law

If communication vehicles are used such as walkie-talkies then they are not used unless hands free or by the passenger.

Provide a designated point of contact for members within an area for the Club facilities. ACs may receive requests from members about Club services such as technical support, regalia, insurance services etc, and they must be able to give informed and helpful advice.

ACs may also receive requests from non-members about membership and they must be able to outline the benefits of Club membership and inform the person how to join the Club. ACs should keep a stock of membership application forms.

ACs should produce a monthly newsletter for area members, providing details of forthcoming events, reports of previous events and other items of relevant news. This STHT editor issues schedules for STHT and area newsletters.

ACs should arrange for a website specifically for their area, to carry news of forthcoming events, reports and any other information likely to be of interest to members. The Club can provide a hosting facility for such websites. This activity should be delegated if necessary.

ACs may forge links and contacts with local Mazda dealers and independent garages providing Mazda servicing and repair facilities. Such contacts may benefit members with, for example, information, discount opportunities and technical information, and may benefit the Club by helping to recruit new members.

The Club organises one meeting per year where ACs meet up to discuss relevant matters with ACs from other areas and national committee members. ACs are expected to attend such meetings, or to delegate another member to attend to represent the area.

Secondly I should add a bit from a personal perspective about what I actually 'do' and what parts of that description I do the most of-

I coordinate with local and national events, both OC and others, to book club stands. I post about them, organise the stands, the convoys, the routes.

I update the Facebook groups and this Website with all the details.

I attend every (as far as possible) event and meet and keep my eye out for newbies to talk to and introduce to everyone.

I answer emails, phone calls, online messages about the car, the people, the events, etc.

I speak with Mazda dealerships, parts suppliers, local motor factors to arrange events and or discounts for the club.

I coordinate the stand equipment. Event shelter, flags, banners and am responsible for storing it.

:thumb:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Cerberus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:57 pm

No applications yet.... You big old fraidy cats you! :lol:

I'm going to have to take the following actions, for now. While there are other things going on at home. Later in the year you might get me back a bit more. But for the moment I am needed elsewhere.

Monthly Meets - These will go ahead as usual and uninterrupted. First Wednesday of the month. Moving back to Kings Arms in the Spring/Summer. I will post the notices for these on the forum and the Facebook group monthly.

OC Spring National 2017 - There are no area stands at this one. I will also not be organising a P5 convoy (Because I have to be there the day before and staying overnight. Attending committee business and working on show set up). If someone would like to volunteer to co-ordinate the convoy, that would be most appreciated.

OC Summer National 2017 - There will be area stands. I'll be co-ordinating them at a national level. The event is at Gaydon. Which is 'our turf'. I NEED a volunteer to help me arrange an area stand at this event. I also need people to be 'up for' helping with show set up and marshalling please? I will put up an event thread asap.

Other events. Pershore, Japfest, Retro Rides, Etc. - I will not be able to co-ordinate P5 stands for these events. If you would like to jump in and have a bash at co-ordinating a P5 stand at any event. Please let me know. I will give you all the support I can. If I can do it, it can't be that hard!

Monthly Runs - Hopefully when the summer comes a few of you would like to arrange some runs out again this year? This worked really well last year so I hope it can work again in 2017. I know everyone appreciated the hard work of the monthly run co-ordinators.

I will do what I can guys. I won't just up and quit on you. But there will be things where I need us to come together as a club and with some P5 spirit I know we can have a great year. I'm not going away completely. But my family need me at the moment and much as I love you guys, they get dibs on me.
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Curlyteeth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:54 pm

I would certainly be up for doing a couple of runs in the Summer and helping out if I can :thumb:

Curlyteeth
Curlyteeth
Addicted to the 5

Postby asjalif » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 am

Hi,

Unfortuantely I can't commit to the vacancy but I can arrange a run or two.
Already got a route for Wales. Unsure how this is usually done, how do we go about making it happen?

Regards,

Aman.
asjalif
New member - i need to talk more

Postby Cerberus » Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 am

asjalif wrote:Hi,

Unfortuantely I can't commit to the vacancy but I can arrange a run or two.
Already got a route for Wales. Unsure how this is usually done, how do we go about making it happen?

Regards,

Aman.

Sounds great. Just drop me a PM or better still grab me at a monthly meet?
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby asjalif » Tue May 09, 2017 8:01 am

Sure thing
Is the next one on 31st or the 7th?

Also could do with a bit of time talking about starting to tune my car. It's too slow!
asjalif
New member - i need to talk more

Postby Cerberus » Wed May 10, 2017 8:22 am

asjalif wrote:Sure thing
Is the next one on 31st or the 7th?

Also could do with a bit of time talking about starting to tune my car. It's too slow!

Will be on the 7th (always the first Wednesday of the month)
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Cerberus » Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 am

An update to this....

I will be formally standing down as West Mids AC in October.

I will not be going away. In fact if all goes to plan I will be more involved with the MX-5 Owners Club than ever.

But I need to hand over the AC reins and October is the cut off point.
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Mozza » Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 am

I will give serious thoughts about this Cerbs, by October all the Hillclimb and Sprint events for this year will have finished and may not be doing them again next year, we will see.
1994 1.8 Mk1 Auto ( Brilliant Black)
1995 1.8 Mk1 Merlot (Merlot Pearl Metallic)
1999 1.8is Mk2 Sport (Twilight Blue)
and a
2005 1.8 Mk2.5 Sport MP62 Supercharged in (Strato Blue). 私の車はあなたの車より速いかもしれません!
Mozza
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Postby Cerberus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Cerberus wrote:An update to this....

I will be formally standing down as West Mids AC in October.

I will not be going away. In fact if all goes to plan I will be more involved with the MX-5 Owners Club than ever.

But I need to hand over the AC reins and October is the cut off point.

It's nearly October....... :cry:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Vic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:53 pm

At this point I will bid Cerbs a fond farewell, he will be missed as the Area Co-ordinator by myself and many who know/knew him.
He is moving on to greater things and should be applauded for all the effort he has put into this area over the time he has been with us.

However we need somebody to fill his rather large shoes, this is not me. I had a charisma bypass not so long ago and feel that the area
deserves more than I can offer, much more.

Even if a group of people want to band together to form a kind of coalition leadership, this will be much more favourable than a total lack
of a dedicated area co-ordinator.

To paraphrase a certain well known leader ........ "ask not what your club can do for you — ask what you can do for your club".

I will of course stand by anybody willing and able to take on this valuable role within this club.
MeatLoaf is for Lunch Not for Listening to.......
Mein fahrzeug ist zum himmel gegangen Es lebe mein z.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you send the wall across the field once you've hit it.
Vic
Goldmember

Return to General