T piece in MK1 thermostat housing

General Phoenix Fives Stuff & Car related chat

T piece in MK1 thermostat housing

Postby Frank » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:52 pm

The above corroded on my Eunos and dumped coolant. Discovered I had to buy a complete housing and strip the front off the engine to fit it and the housing cost £70. I searched around and found this on Ebay. mazda mx5 mk1 thermostat bypass tee http://r.ebay.com/hx3aai Its a bit of a fiddle to drill and tap the housing in situ but it works and saves money and graft.
Its a poor man whose eyes dont water when you poke a stick up his nose
Frank
New member - i need to talk more

Re: T piece in MK1 thermostat housing

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Great tip...... Thanks!

The eBay Listing wrote:The bypass hose tee at the base of the thermostat housing on my eunos corroded through and I discovered you cannot buy a replacement tee you have to buy complete thermostat housing ( £70 ). You also have to dismantle front of engine etc to change it ( four hours work or £200 + in garage. I made one on my lathe and brazed it up (see pic ), had to buy min length of tube so made 10 in all. I will screw cut either 1/8 npt or 1/8 bsp as preferred , simple fitting procedure full instructions with tee, half hour or so job. Let me know thread pref when ordering. Item shipped within three days of payment .

There is an interesting similarity between the eBay listing and your own writing style. A cynical man would, as this is your first post on our forum, suggest that you are the eBay seller and that you are trying to drum up sales.
It wouldn't be the first time it had happened.....

Now, I'm not a cynical man. So I'm not going to say that.......

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing more about you and your car.
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Frank » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Nothing to do with the seller if you look Im in Warwickshire and the seller is in Fishguard. Nice to have a Cynical welcome Isuppose If I find another useful Item who should I clear it with
Its a poor man whose eyes dont water when you poke a stick up his nose
Frank
New member - i need to talk more

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Now now, I said I'm not cynical.....

As I said, Welcome to the forum.

There is an 'Introduce yourself' thread. Why not give it a post and let us know a bit more about yourself. 8)
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby barefoot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:44 pm

this happened on my old 5, i got a brass t piece ment for air line hose, and some epoxy metal to bond it in with, worked a treat, and total cost of repair about £4.50 :D

P.S i'm not cynical, i'm just a tight arse :flag:
barefoot
Addicted to the 5

Return to General