The Practical Cassics Restoration Show 2015

General Phoenix Fives Stuff & Car related chat

The Practical Cassics Restoration Show 2015

Postby Cerberus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am

It's been a busy weekend. But huge amounts of fun! All the plans started to swing into action on Thursday. Clare collected me in the 'project car' and we headed to the NEC. Due to a slight lack of paperwork we had to 'blag' our way into the halls. It's amazing how many bored blokes in hi-vis jackets we had to talk to and every one of them said "This is going on display? Like, In the show??"

But eventually we made it into Hall 5

Pre-show at the NEC is always cool. You get behind the scenes access to all the cars.

Iain arrived by about 6:30 and we had to lug a load of kit out of his van into the NEC before giving Clare a lift home and collecting the rear subframe from The JDM Guys.

Early to bed and early to rise. Friday was the day the stand got put together.

It wasn't long before the 'Project Car' was up in the air and ready to be the star of the show.

We even had a lovely coffee-table on display

The stand looked really excellent!

Whisper needed a bit more polish though

Friday set up done, we wrapped the cars up for the night and headed home. Ready for the show to begin on Saturday.

Saturday morning, first stop, the cafe for a bacon roll.....

Two bits of bacon and one sausage on a baguette..... That will be £4.25 please sir......

I kid you not.... Utterly terrible. Shame on you NEC!

So I ate breakfast, such that it was, and chatted to a few show goers

After Dale caused me to change all my vacuum hoses I set about changing the temporary blue hose. The red hose didn't arrive till Saturday so I had to make the change during the show!

On the Sunday I managed to grab a couple of hours to myself and accompanied by Jamie we had a wander around

Other than Whisper this was one of my favourite cars of the show

Barn finds are so sexy!

I wanted to take this on home and look after it

But this little cockeyed thing was a bit beyond saying I thought

With the show over it was time for post show hilarity

and stand breakdown

I saw later that some clever person had photoshopped out the axle stands....

LOL!

We loaded the van full to the brim

Delivered the subframe back to The JDM Guys in Dudley and then hit the road to Northampton to the OC Storage facility to unload the van

I finally got to bed at about 2am. Exhausted but really happy with what was a great show.

I have to send out special thanks to, The JDM Guys - without whom the 'project car' could not have happened and to all the guys at the OC who pitched in and helped out.

Also great to see a few P5 guys and girls at the show. Thank you for taking time out to pop over and say hello!

Feel free to throw up any pics you guys took!
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Return to General