Mozza @ Shelsley Walsh

The venue for motorsport events!

Mozza @ Shelsley Walsh

Postby Mozza » Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Shesley Walsh, now this is a hillclimb, quite a fast run with three tightish bends, one soon after the start and two at the top. So how did I do at my second event, well I was the fastest MX5 there. I was still no where near wizzo Greggs time but I was still the fastest MX5. This is mainly because there was no other MX5s at the meeting. Saturday practise was wet, with heavy showers all day. My first run was a reasonable 48.70seconds and knew that there were plenty of places to speed up.
Second run was again in the wet and found I could take the first left kink quicker which made me faster on the straight section adding another 7mph to my top seed before the essess finishing in 46.08seconds.

Sunday was the timed runs,
First timed run.
Several cars had gone off at the second bend in the essess, it was still wet but seemed more greasy than Saturday. Pushed it a bit harder but didn’t improve much, I just know I can get round that first left hander quicker, finished in 45.46 seconds.

Second timed run.
Lucky me, the sun has come out, the track has dried and it is really looking good for a very fast time. I’ve had a good start every time no wheel spin even in the wet and getting to the 64ft mark at around 3.5sec every time. This is going to be good, excellent start again this time 3.05 to 64ft, nailed the second gear bottom corner taking a second off and changing into……………fifth, bollocks.
Finishing in 45.76seconds, so will just have to wait now until my next Shelsey event in September.

So an uneventful day until we went back with the car to the camping area, a marshal asked me to park behind another vehicle while he cleared some trailers that were leaving and although he shouted for one to stop, he didn’t and the trailer swung round and caught the side of the car he carried on his merry way with out stopping. The damage looked bad, but I got the polish out when we got back home and it doesn’t look to bad now.

Next event although not booked yet should be Curborough on 12th June.
1994 1.8 Mk1 Auto ( Brilliant Black)
1995 1.8 Mk1 Merlot (Merlot Pearl Metallic)
1999 1.8is Mk2 Sport (Twilight Blue)
and a
2005 1.8 Mk2.5 Sport MP62 Supercharged in (Strato Blue). 私の車はあなたの車より速いかもしれません!
Mozza
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Postby greg#2 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:55 am

Excellent stuff mozza. Some excellent improvement there. Keep at it and you will be in the championship hunt in no time
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2

Postby Mozza » Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 am

Not a hope, its that Tony Thomas and a very quick Mk3 - 2litre that will grab it.

Do you think they will notice if I take the Mk2.5
1994 1.8 Mk1 Auto ( Brilliant Black)
1995 1.8 Mk1 Merlot (Merlot Pearl Metallic)
1999 1.8is Mk2 Sport (Twilight Blue)
and a
2005 1.8 Mk2.5 Sport MP62 Supercharged in (Strato Blue). 私の車はあなたの車より速いかもしれません!
Mozza

Postby greg#2 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:04 pm

you should be fine, just bolt the bonnet shut and you will be away :wink:

that thing would see you fine, just say that the S/C whine was a knackered bearing.........
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2

Postby bobjacqs » Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

See you at Curborough. I was sorry to miss out on Shelsley but I had entered Curborough on the same day and it got cancelled and then I was too late for Shelsley. But glad you had a good weekend.
Before Curborough though there's Mira this weekend then Wiscombe Park in Devon 21/22 May and Pembrey in Wales 4/5 June. No wonder I'm broke!
Bob
bobjacqs
Addicted to the 5

Return to Squealing Tyres