My new Kart

The venue for motorsport events!

My new Kart

Postby greg#2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Well i've had about as much fun this morning as it's possible for me to have - i've agreed the spec of my kart for this season's championship!!! yay!!!

it is identical to the one pictured (the kart pictured came narrowly 2nd in super 1 (super duper big money championship) after the driver used a different chassis at the beginning of the year that wasn't well suited to the twistier tracks) that slow start cost him the championship - it's a bit competitive. In the piccies it's only loosely thrown together to show the main components

this exact chassis/engine combo won the 0 plate (a prestigious one off, winner takes all, everyone who's anyone in europe is there type of event) so let's say it's about as proper as proper gets in karting.

I'm getting a 2015 chassis (has been preordered, will get to the uk late january) this years model isn't even officially for sale yet, but the team that runs me has a special relationship with the factory - put it this way, there will be 2 in this country, mine and golden balls - everyone else will get run out 2014 stock.

I'm even getting this exact engine (not a standard one off the shelf unit - it's been fettled to the bleeding edge of the regulations. It's a properly strong unit) it's been freshly rebuilt and only has 10 minutes run time on it - scott actually prefers it to the iame engine he is contractually obliged to run this season but obviously he can't be pictured using a vortec with iame badges all over his kart.... His loss, my gain

Scott has openly said that he'd be more than happy to take my new rig to the european finals..... To say i'm excited is an understatement

That said, all my excuses for substandard performance have just gone up in a puff of smoke, bollocks!!!

Wotcha reckon?

If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Re: My new Kart

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Cool news :thumb: ... I guess we could all see you working up to something like this, so fingers crossed you'll start getting some podiums!! I just bought a new vehicle as well ... although I suspect mine cost less and is a lot slower!!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby stuartb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Looks fun. What's the power/weight and top speed of those things (with an average sized driver)?
Mk3.5 Motorway Mile-eater
SV650 Daily
Triumph Bonneville America
stuartb
Tent Hider, sheep burner

Postby greg#2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm

stuartb wrote:Looks fun. What's the power/weight and top speed of those things (with an average sized driver)?

C.300bhp/ton top speed in short circuit trim, 130-140mph (gearing is different every circuit) it's the 3g braking and cornering that gets you most, after a while you get used to that level of acceleration half an inch off the floor, you never get used to a sustained, fast corner at full chat.

even now, my neck and hands are ready to drop off at the end of a 12 minute race
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2

Postby stuartb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:25 pm

:thumb: that's just insane.
Mk3.5 Motorway Mile-eater
SV650 Daily
Triumph Bonneville America
stuartb
Tent Hider, sheep burner

Postby NickD » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Looks exciting.
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
Image MOT Motorsport. Tyre and brakes fitting at club meets and elsewhere.
NickD
Destroyer of Trolls

Postby Mozza » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:36 pm

Nice, really nice. :thumb:
1994 1.8 Mk1 Auto ( Brilliant Black)
1995 1.8 Mk1 Merlot (Merlot Pearl Metallic)
1999 1.8is Mk2 Sport (Twilight Blue)
and a
2005 1.8 Mk2.5 Sport MP62 Supercharged in (Strato Blue). 私の車はあなたの車より速いかもしれません!
Mozza

Postby Cerberus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Awesome bit of kit mate. Nice one :thumb:
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby VVC MINI » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Looks awesome that. I've never been karting something I should try one day.

Thanks Matt
1992 Eunos Roadster Limited S
Old 1.6 engine GT25 turbo, Megasquirt, RX8 injectors, FMIC running 232hp and 189ftlb @10psi. 1/4mile - 13.8 @ 102mph
New 4.0 V8 engine. Spitronics Ecu, cops running 263hp and 293ftlb. 1/4mile - TBA
VVC MINI
Addicted to the 5

Postby gimmeablackun » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:23 am

When can I have a go? :twisted:

Looks immense Greg. Like you say - no excuses now eh! A sure test of talent and fitness. Good luck in the new season mate :thumb:
1990 White 1.8 FM2 road legal track weapon
gimmeablackun
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby dynamodux » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Had same issues, after my car accident had to stop racing karts as my neck and back were screwed.... Specially at tracks like clay pigeon raceway in dorset
dynamodux
More right foot

Postby greg#2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:13 pm

dynamodux wrote:Had same issues, after my car accident had to stop racing karts as my neck and back were screwed.... Specially at tracks like clay pigeon raceway in dorset

sorry to hear about that, what class did you compete in?
greg#2

Postby gimmeablackun » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:44 am

dynamodux wrote:Had same issues, after my car accident had to stop racing karts as my neck and back were screwed.... Specially at tracks like clay pigeon raceway in dorset

The closest I got to Clay Pigeon was the all night raves at The Country Club behind it! :?
1990 White 1.8 FM2 road legal track weapon
gimmeablackun
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby dynamodux » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Haha Neil those were the days! I raced in the ekl (elite karting league) was a cheap way to race competitively and against a lot of drivers who were heavily sponsored, great fun though!
dynamodux
More right foot

Return to Squealing Tyres