Exclusive Rockingham Trackday with Rockingham Cars and Mazda

Where MoT stuff is bigged up !

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:18 pm

NickD wrote:No,

I will be sunny.

Stop being gay!


Love, the MoT Customer Service Dept.


Cheers Nick,

Subtle as ever... but point taken, sunglasses and suncream it is then!! 8)

Russell.
User avatar
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Under the car in a pool of oil in Hagley

Postby Fellowsuk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 pm

vindi49 wrote:
NickD wrote:You don't have to do a Car Control Day before going on a trackday. Everyone starts somewhere. Rockingham is as safe a track as they come, I have only ever seen one accident there and that was a TVR!
We will have some of the best instructors in the country there and that is free, and a lot of Fiat 500's running round too.

We will also have some parade laps at lunch time for those that are there and not on track.


This will be my first trackday, I have a standard powered 1.6 and I don't consider myself to be a particularly good driver... but I've been waiting all summer for "the right trackday" to come along, and I refuse to let the whole year disappear without giving it a go!

Botttom line is, you need to jump in sometime, and at an open pitlane trackday you will get so much more time in the car. I'm sure my learning curve will be steep, which is exactly what I need! I'll report back afterwards unless I'm awful / crash, in which case I'm sure Nick will fill you all in!!

Russell.


Good luck! :shock:
User avatar
Fellowsuk
Addicted to the 5
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: sunny wolverhampton

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Fellowsuk wrote:
vindi49 wrote:
NickD wrote:You don't have to do a Car Control Day before going on a trackday. Everyone starts somewhere. Rockingham is as safe a track as they come, I have only ever seen one accident there and that was a TVR!
We will have some of the best instructors in the country there and that is free, and a lot of Fiat 500's running round too.

We will also have some parade laps at lunch time for those that are there and not on track.


This will be my first trackday, I have a standard powered 1.6 and I don't consider myself to be a particularly good driver... but I've been waiting all summer for "the right trackday" to come along, and I refuse to let the whole year disappear without giving it a go!

Botttom line is, you need to jump in sometime, and at an open pitlane trackday you will get so much more time in the car. I'm sure my learning curve will be steep, which is exactly what I need! I'll report back afterwards unless I'm awful / crash, in which case I'm sure Nick will fill you all in!!

Russell.


Good luck! :shock:


Cheers, it'll be great fun! Fitted my harness today, amazing how much more purposeful it makes the car feel!!

Russell.
User avatar
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Under the car in a pool of oil in Hagley

Postby MattB13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:22 am

^^^^^

If you want it to feel even more purposeful, add an MoT sticker. They're worth 7 tenths per lap. Each.

Srsly!


8)
Matt

Kinky Kate - Mk1 1.6
Classic Pink (mostly), comes with own climbing frame.

NO LONGER BROKEN!!!



Image

loopd.com/MattB13
User avatar
MattB13
Max5 Racing - Photographer - Admin
 
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: At a racetrack somewhere. Or failing that, Solihull.

Postby NickD » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 am

MattB13 wrote:^^^^^

If you want it to feel even more purposeful, add an MoT sticker. They're worth 7 tenths per lap. Each.

Srsly!


8)


Trufax
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
Image MOT Motorsport. Tyre and brakes fitting at club meets and elsewhere.
User avatar
NickD
Destroyer of Trolls
 
Posts: 7891
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 9:17 am
Location: A far flung outpost

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

NickD wrote:
MattB13 wrote:^^^^^

If you want it to feel even more purposeful, add an MoT sticker. They're worth 7 tenths per lap. Each.

Srsly!


8)


Trufax


Already got one, it was the main reason I bought the car!!

Russell.
User avatar
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Under the car in a pool of oil in Hagley

Postby MattB13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:56 pm

vindi49 wrote:
NickD wrote:
MattB13 wrote:^^^^^

If you want it to feel even more purposeful, add an MoT sticker. They're worth 7 tenths per lap. Each.

Srsly!


8)


Trufax


Already got one, it was the main reason I bought the car!!

Russell.


Then get another, and go twice as fast!! :shock:
Matt

Kinky Kate - Mk1 1.6
Classic Pink (mostly), comes with own climbing frame.

NO LONGER BROKEN!!!



Image

loopd.com/MattB13
User avatar
MattB13
Max5 Racing - Photographer - Admin
 
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: At a racetrack somewhere. Or failing that, Solihull.

Previous

Return to The Official Mazda on Track Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron