Long Messages Inhibited?

Anything you'd like to see different?

Long Messages Inhibited?

Postby Fred Gassit » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 pm

I have posted a couple of messages recently that have run to more than about 15 lines of text, and I found that the editing process gets very difficult as the cursor keeps jumping back up towards the top.
It doesn't seem to like more than one window worth of text!

Is this a forum s/w problem, or my problem with having verbal diarrhoea... :shock:
30AE - Golden Shred 2 - The Sequel
Black S-Special Roadster 1.8 - Scrapped...
Fred Gassit
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Re: Long Messages Inhibited?

Postby Cerberus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm

More than 15 lines?
I'm not sure I have seen the problem.
I suppose I will have to type a lot and see what happens?
Nothing yet.
What browser were you using?
The cursor goes right back to the top?
Anyone else getting the same problem?
There's nothing in the board settings that is set up to prevent more than 15 lines.
I'm nearly at 15 lines now
So nearly.
So very close.
I wonder if anything will happen?
not so far.. no..
Getting closer now.
really close
Ah, interesting. The scroll bar has appeared. Is this what is causing the problem?
Have you tried grabbing the bottom right corner of the text window and resizing it when it gets too small?
That might help?
I haven't seen the cursor reset to the top yet tho.

Cerbs
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Fred Gassit » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:36 pm

1Yeah, it's when the scroll bar is active.
2I
3didn't
4know
5you
6could
7re-size
8the
9text
10box
11by
12grabbing
13the
14corner.
15I
16wonder
17if
18that
19will
20have
21any
22effect???
23Mmmmm.
24Seems to be working now, so how about if I write long enough lines so the word-wrap comes into effect... Maybe that is what screws it up?
25 And it is still working.
26 Curses.
27 Time to import a block of text:

This is the second of four articles in this series. In the first article we discussed the basic parts of the Miata suspension and what they do. Hopefully you took the time to look at your car or at least a good shop manual to get a better idea of how those parts function. If you’re completely lost, just come to the next club tech session and ask someone to give you a guided tour.
Talking about the basic parts is pretty easy. Every Miata has the same parts, and they all do the same thing. Simple. And then there’s the matter of how to adjust all those parts… the alignment. This is where things get a little more interesting. You may recall that I mentioned the spring rates that Mazda chose for the Miata were a compromise. Well, so are your alignment settings (and a lot of other things). The best alignment settings to use on your car will depend on how you drive, where you drive, what type of competition you do (if any), other modifications you have made to your car, the tires you use, how long you expect those tires to last, and the phase of the moon.
Where to begin? Before we get into where to set things, a good understanding of what each of the settings are would be helpful. This shouldn’t take too long…

OK so far!
Moar txt:
What is Camber?
This is the one you’ve probably heard the most about. That’s because it has a lot to do with good cornering. Camber is the angle that the top of the tire leans away from the center of the car. For our purposes, what we really want is for the top of the tire to lean toward the center of the car. This is called negative camber. Negative camber is good! If camber is negative when the car is pointed forward and at rest (static camber), it will be closer to zero on the outside wheel in a corner. In plain English that means that the contact patch of the tires that most of the car’s weight is on when you are turning will be almost perfectly flat on the pavement. See, I told you it was good!

Oh yeah, now it's f*cked...
30AE - Golden Shred 2 - The Sequel
Black S-Special Roadster 1.8 - Scrapped...
Fred Gassit
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby Vic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

33 Lines of the character Z wrapped and the computer said No ................. :(

Trying to post failed and came back with ...... :arrow:

Your message contains too few characters.

This is just not good enough ..................... :wink: :evil:
MeatLoaf is for Lunch Not for Listening to.......
Mein fahrzeug ist zum himmel gegangen Es lebe mein z.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you send the wall across the field once you've hit it.
Vic
Goldmember

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 pm

I have the same thing (or a variation on it), after writing too many lines (which I am known to do... see my latest entry in Members Rides!) the screen starts jumping up even though the cursor (and what you are writing) is further down the page. You can keep writing and it does all appear in the right place, but you can't see what you are writing because the screen is showing you the writing further up the page!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Return to Forum Suggestions