Karting

Pictures from MoT and other motorsport events.

Karting

Postby greg#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Me at Rissington KC on saturday

I took my ARKS test, and passed, woo hoo, so now i can enter any championship i want. Time to see what is open to me...

From a testing point of view, i didn't learn that much because i was tripping over slow ass 250s the whole time so was struggling to get a good flow. Still, it was sunny and i still had mega fun as you can see from the 'slow but fun' shot above :lol:
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Re: Karting

Postby Cerberus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Nice 'dab of oppo' going on in that first shot! Well done on the ARKS pass mate!
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby bobbadillo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I loved going karting last year - but of course the problem I found was most people don't understand the "racing line", so when you go out wide and cut in across the apex, dumbasses end up thinking you're letting them through as opposed to trying to get some speed up to exit faster.

What did you have to do to pass the ARKS test Greg? Is it like, advanced proper stuff? Is there a range of tests before you get to that level? And was it ££££££££££?
Into The Shadows - Live at....
27th June 2014 - The Rose Theatre, Rugeley
6th July 2014 - Bands on the Beacon, Walsall
6th September 2014 - The Crescent Theatre, Birmingham
19th September 2014 - Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton
20th September 2014 - The Regal, Tenbury Wells
26th September 2014 - Aldridge Youth Theatre
3rd & 4th October 2014 - Lichfield Garrick

You can now listen to "Into The Shadows" here -http://www.soundcloud.com/intotheshadows
bobbadillo
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby NickD » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:56 pm

bobbadillo wrote:I loved going karting last year - but of course the problem I found was most people don't understand the "racing line", so when you go out wide and cut in across the apex, dumbasses end up thinking you're letting them through as opposed to trying to get some speed up to exit faster.

I think you will find that is called racing.
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
Image MOT Motorsport. Tyre and brakes fitting at club meets and elsewhere.
NickD
Destroyer of Trolls

Postby NickD » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:59 pm

greg#2 wrote:Me at Rissington KC on saturday

I took my ARKS test, and passed, woo hoo, so now i can enter any championship i want. Time to see what is open to me...

From a testing point of view, i didn't learn that much because i was tripping over slow ass 250s the whole time so was struggling to get a good flow. Still, it was sunny and i still had mega fun as you can see from the 'slow but fun' shot above :lol:

Well done!

Will we be reading about you in the MSA judicial reviews at the back of the magazine any time soon? :lol:
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
Image MOT Motorsport. Tyre and brakes fitting at club meets and elsewhere.
NickD
Destroyer of Trolls

Postby greg#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 pm

bobbadillo wrote:I loved going karting last year - but of course the problem I found was most people don't understand the "racing line", so when you go out wide and cut in across the apex, dumbasses end up thinking you're letting them through as opposed to trying to get some speed up to exit faster.

What did you have to do to pass the ARKS test Greg? Is it like, advanced proper stuff? Is there a range of tests before you get to that level? And was it ££££££££££?

You have to pass a test on flags. Pass mark 100% another test on general racecraft where you are allowed 2 wrong and a driving test where you have to lap consistently within 10% of a midfield race pace while not being erratic. If you can steer then you should be alright. It cost £100 plus test day. I'm probably going to sell all the track cars because I've had my eyes properly opened by 'proper' karts. There is no point to car racing now, imo. Karts are just so much faster and more intense
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2

Postby bobbadillo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

NickD wrote:

I think you will find that is called racing.

A good point Nick, :mrgreen: and I know that's what it's all about, but some of the 'cutting up' was just plain dangerous :shock:
Into The Shadows - Live at....
27th June 2014 - The Rose Theatre, Rugeley
6th July 2014 - Bands on the Beacon, Walsall
6th September 2014 - The Crescent Theatre, Birmingham
19th September 2014 - Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton
20th September 2014 - The Regal, Tenbury Wells
26th September 2014 - Aldridge Youth Theatre
3rd & 4th October 2014 - Lichfield Garrick

You can now listen to "Into The Shadows" here -http://www.soundcloud.com/intotheshadows
bobbadillo
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby MattB13 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:46 pm

NickD wrote:Will we be reading about you in the MSA judicial reviews at the back of the magazine any time soon? :lol:

:hehe:
Matt

Kinky Kate - Mk1 1.6
Classic Pink (mostly), comes with own climbing frame.

NO LONGER BROKEN!!!

loopd.com/MattB13
MattB13
Max5 Racing - Photographer - Admin

Location: At a racetrack somewhere. Or failing that, Solihull.

Postby greg#2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:50 pm

MattB13 wrote:
NickD wrote:Will we be reading about you in the MSA judicial reviews at the back of the magazine any time soon? :lol:

:hehe:

it all depends if anyone annoys me :wink: hopefully not.....
greg#2

Return to Phoenix Photos